|A guide to setting up the email client that comes with Apple's Macintosh computer.
Macintosh Mail is Apple Macintosh's default email software. For this reason it is the most commonly used email software by Mac users.
Use our tutorial to help you setup a Metronet email account using Macintosh Mail.
To run Mail: Double-click the Mail application icon in the Applications folder, or click it in the 'Dock'.
If this is the first time you have created a Mail account
A helper should now appear, asking for the following information:
1. Full Name: Enter your name as you wish it to appear for emails that you are sending.
2. Email Address: Enter the email address that you wish people to reply to.
3. Incoming Email Server: Enter mail.metronet.co.uk
4. Account Type: Set this to POP3.
5. Username: Enter the part before the '@' sign in your email address. E.g. if your email address is email@example.com, your username would be 'james'.
6. Password: Enter the password we gave you when your email account was created.
7. Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): Set this to: smtp.metronet.co.uk
8. Click OK.
If you need to alter an existing Mail account
Follow these instructions:
1. Select the Mail menu.
2. Click Preferences.
3. Click Accounts.
You can then alter whatever information you need to.
If you need to create a new account for your Metronet mailbox
Follow these instructions:
1. Click the File menu.
2. Click Add account and select POP as the account type.
3. In Account Description enter a name for your account (e.g.'Metronet Email'). This name can be whatever you want.
4.In Display Name enter your name. Enter your full Metronet email address in Email Address.
5. Click Continue. Enter mail.metronet.co.uk as the Incoming Mail Server and your username in Username. (E.g. If your email address is 'firstname.lastname@example.org' your username will be 'name').
6. In Password enter the password for your Metronet email account.
7. Click Continue. Leave Use Secure Sockets Layer unchecked and set Authentication to Password.
8. Click Continue. Set the Outgoing Mail Server to smtp.metronet.co.uk. Tick the Use Authentication box and type in your username and password.
9. Click Continue. Again, leave Use Secure Sockets Layer unchecked.
10. Click Continue.
11. Check that the information you have entered is correct. If it is click Continue.
12. Click Done.
Please note: If you want to set up an email account which is not supplied by Metronet you should use the Incoming Mail Server, username and password given to you by your supplier. You will still need to use our Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.metronet.co.uk
|Did this support article help you?
If not, get further help using Contact Us.